Sponsored by Your Name Here
The ConGlomeration Cosplay Masquerade is the premier event of our convention, with a significant number of our members attending and participating in the costume competition. The Masquerade represents the culmination of our annual Cosplay & Anime Program Track. The ConGlomeration 2017 Cosplay Masquerade will begin at 8:30 pm Saturday, April 8.
(Don’t know what cosplay is? Let MythBusters‘ Adam Savage explain.)
All ConGlomeration members are encouraged to participate in our Cosplay Masquerade. Entry forms will be available online, at registration, or at the Cosplay Masquerade table. For everyone’s enjoyment and safety, we’ve set forth the following rules.
Want to join our Cosplay Masquerade (or just look on in awe)? Register for ConGlomeration 2017!
Rules for Member Entries
- All entries must be members of ConGlomeration. Badges must be presented to participate, but do not need to be worn during the competition.
- Presentations will not run for longer than two minutes, no matter how many people are in the entry.
- Entries must be original to ConGlomeration. You may have entered your costume in previous Cosplay Masquerades at other conventions. We cannot accept costumes that have competed with us in the past.
- All entrants must sign a release form. All members of a group entry must sign a release form. Minors must have a parent or guardian sign a release form.
- Members are allowed to participate in one presentation only. If you wish to enter more than one costume, you must get another member to enter the Cosplay Masquerade to wear your alternate costume design.
- Purchased, rented or commercial costumes may not be entered into the workmanship category. If you are entering the performance category, your costume may contain purchased pieces.
- Total or partial nudity is absolutely prohibited.
- No jumping off of or falling off of the stage. If you have special entrance or exit plans, please check with the Cosplay Masquerade director.
- All special effects must be authorized by the Cosplay Masquerade director and explicitly explained to Cosplay Masquerade staff. Please make arrangements beforehand for getting props on and off the stage.
- Recorded soundtracks are encouraged, but must not exceed the allotted time limit. Please turn in all sound recordings to the technical director. We are equipped for electronic (CD/USB) formats only. Microphones will only be available by special permission from the Cosplay Masquerade director.
- All registration forms and audio must be turned in on Saturday by 4:00 pm, the beginning of Saturday rehearsal.
- Junior/Youth – Anyone under the age of 16.
- Performance – If you would love to show off your cosplay with a skit but didn’t necessarily hand-make all of your costume, this is the category for you. Prejudging is optional because you are not competing on the construction of your costume.
- Workmanship – This category is for those who have put hours of work into their costume. You may not have a song and dance, but you plan to dazzle with all your hard work and detail. Prejudging is required.
Rules for the Audience
- No flash photography during the Cosplay Masquerade.
- Please remain seated during the performance. Some costumes limit visibility and movement; allow participants extra room, if needed.
Rules for Judging
Judging will be measured by the following points. Judges are to only consider the present Cosplay Masquerade while deliberating.
- Construction – How well is the costume made? Is it an original design? Was it handmade? What details are included?
- Originality or Recreation – Mashup or authentic historical. How well did you execute what you were going for? Visual reference is helpful. Not everyone may understand the source material.
- Visual Effect – Costume beauty or striking effect. This is the WOW factor.
- Creativity – Tell us how you designed and made your costume.
- Performance – This score is about your presentation during the Cosplay Masquerade.
- Friday 6:00 pm to 7:00pm – Early rehearsals for pre-registered entries. If you know what you want to do and would rather spend Saturday afternoon getting ready, then this option is for you. We would love to walk you through your cues the day before to avoid the rush on Saturday.
- Saturday 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm – Cosplay Masquerade technical rehearsal and check in. You don’t have to practice but you must talk to the Cosplay Masquerade director to go over all instructions.
- Saturday 6:30 pm to 7:00 pm – Volunteer check-in.
- Saturday 7:30 pm – Entries must arrive for prejudging.
- Saturday 8:30 pm – Cosplay Masquerade begins. Judges will confer after all contestants have presented. Entertainment will be provided during the judging process. Trophies are awarded when the judging is completed. Photos may be taken after the Cosplay Masquerade.
Want to join our Cosplay Masquerade? Register for ConGlomeration 2017!
Contact Sarah Peek, Cosplay Masquerade Chairs [firstname.lastname@example.org]